Nicolas Lehuen wrote:
Hi,

I've marked #45 as resolved, since the FileSession class has been checked in for a while now. We only need a bit of documentation, but a few seconds of source browsing can help an adventurous user to see how to use FileSession. Now, what should we do about the new req.get_session() API ? Is it ready for release now ?

No. Graham has raised some valid concerns about the current implentation. See http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-59

I haven't had time to address these issues properly, and I'd rather see it pushed into 3.3 rather than release a half-baked solution in 3.2.

I don't want to leave req_get_session in as-is since people may start using it which would make things difficult if the final solution ends up being something completely different. Rather than delete req_get_session() completely I'd like to change it to raise a NotImplemented error. That way there is starting point for 3.3 but nobody will depend on it actually being there. Does this seem reasonable?

Regards,
Jim