Daniel J. Popowich wrote:
Jim Gallacher writes:

Nicolas Lehuen wrote:

Second question, if there isn't any simpler way to do this, should we add it to mod_python ? Either as a function like above in mod_python.util, or as a member of the request object (named something like url to match the other member named uri, but that's just teasing).

I'm not against it, but for my purposes I think it would be more useful for parsed_uri to just work properly.

Here, here!!  I've wanted parsed_uri to work as expected for quite
some time...I'm actually in a position where I could devote some time
to tracking this down.  If apache doesn't provide it, I think
mod_python should at least fill it in, right?

+1

Can someone knudge me
in the right direction to start?  Haven't poked around apache source
and/or developer docs in years.

All I can say is grep is your friend. :)

I've found http://docx.webperf.org to be useful. Unfortunately you can
only drill down into the header files, not c files (unless I'm missing
something). I might even be tempted to generate my own local copy of the
apache docs using doxygen so that the c-files get included. I've been
playing with doxygen + mod_python and it's pretty cool.

Searching docx for parse_uri turns up ap_parse_uri.
http://docx.webperf.org/group__APACHE__CORE__PROTO.html#ga44

Grab the src and put grep to work. I'll dig in and help any way I can.

Jim