On 2/21/06, Graham Dumpleton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Technically speaking, if you make a change to the file, you should be
> ensuring you add the current years date. Ie., not replace it. Thus,
> presuming no changes were made in 2005, you would have:
>
>   * Copyright 2004, 2006 Apache Software Foundation
>
> If you have a string of consecutive years, ie., changes were also made
> in 2005, you would use the following it you didn't want to enumerate
> all the years:
>
>   * Copyright 2004-2006 Apache Software Foundation
>
> At least that is how I understand copyright stuff. Apache folks may
> want it done differently.

It should *only* be the first year of publication: i.e. 2004 is
correct.  (httpd does it wrong.)

Note that the ASF will be updating our standard licensing template
soon to conform better with legal requirements.  Now that you guys
should be on the HTTP Server PMC soon, you should be seeing the emails
from our Legal folks with the new template.  I hope that we'll see
this within the next month, but who knows...  Keep your eyes open on
that front; when that comes down, there will be a bunch of commits to
a lot of files across the entire foundation.  =)

Thanks.  -- justin