Michael Chermside wrote:
I tried several stranger things, like installing over 2.4.0 but in a
different directory. Everything worked like clockwork. I did NOT try
anything that would have involved a system with various things missing
(like lack of VBScript), but I did play around with alternate install
locations, repairs, uninstalls, single-user and all-user installs, and
I found no problems anywhere. Nice work!

Thanks! Somebody reported that it failed to update python24.dll in an update installation; not sure why this would be.

Regards,
Martin