Rather than the back-n-forth about what the FSF might or might not do,
can we just ask them for an official opinion and settle the matter?

The Aladdin case makes me think we should do this, probably before 2.5
comes out - because if we do have to yank readline, I'd really not
like to see this happen in a bugfix release, for fairly obvious
reasons.

Who would we need to talk to for a definitive answer? I'm sure there's
various FSF mailing lists where we could get 157 different potential
answers, but I'm talking about an actual, official FSF statement <0.5
wink>

Anthony