> On 07/02/18 00:59, Miro Hrončok wrote:
>> Note that we (=Fedora) unfortunately skip some tests.
>> (...)
>
> [with my Fedora hat on]
>
> Fedora* has been building python37 since the alphas, so the final update to
> rc/stable was smoother.
> (...)
> * Thanks to Miro Hrončok for most of the work in Fedora

(I'm now working in the Python Maintenance team with Petr Viktorin and
Miro Hrončok.)

This work is super useful to prepare third party modules for Python
3.7, but also to spot regressions and bugs in Python 3.7. Fedora also
helped to detect issues with the latest glibc for example.

Examples:

konlpy fails on 3.7 because calling Py_Initialize() twice fails with a
fatal error
https://bugs.python.org/issue33932

Setting LANG=C modifies the --version behavior
https://bugs.python.org/issue33824

test_crypt segfaults when using libxcrypt instead of libcrypt
https://bugs.python.org/issue32635

NIS module fails to build due to the removal of interfaces related to
Sun RPC from glibc.
https://bugs.python.org/issue32521

Sadly, one issue has been detected too late and has not been fixed
before 3.7.0 final:
https://bugs.python.org/issue34008

Victor