On 7/2/2018 3:38 AM, Petr Viktorin wrote:

And while I'm responding here, a bit of reflection and a heads-up:
What Fedora as a distro should do better next time is re-build the entire ecosystem with a new Python version. For 3.7 we started doing that too late, and there are way too many projects that weren't prepared for `async` as keyword and PEP 479 (StopIteration handling).

With the 'next version' now being branched off of master at beta 1 rather than at the first release candidate, 'next time' starts about 4 months sooner than it used to. Doing full builds for 3.8 can start any time. It has already had about 5 months of exclusive patches.

This suggests that known changes from pending to deprecation to exception should be done soon after the version branching. I don't know if there are any such still needed for 3.8.

--
Terry Jan Reedy