On 11/05, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
On Sun, Nov 04, 2018 at 04:12:39PM +0100, Stephane Wirtel wrote:

My workflow is the following steps:

git wpr XYZ
cd ../cpython-XYZ
./configure --prefix=$PWD-build --with-pydebug --silent
make -j 4 -s
make PYTHON=../python -C Doc/ venv
make -C Doc/ check suspicious html serve

and run the browser on http://localhost:8000/ and check the result.

1. Because I am a dev I can do it easily
2. If you are not a dev, you have to learn a new step (download sources,
compile sources, compile doc and check the result)

If I am making doc patches, shouldn't I be doing that *before* I
submit the PR? How else will I know that my changes haven't broken the
docs?
You can use the web interface of Github and just add/remove/modify a
paragraph.

So surely I need to learn those steps regardless?

(Not a rhetorical question.)

I think this feature would be really useful for the contributors, the
reviewers and you, the core-dev.

Sure. But the usefulness has to be weighed against the extra complexity,
the extra "one more thing that can break and needs to be maintained",
and the risk of abuse.
Which kind of abuse?

--
Stéphane Wirtel - https://wirtel.be - @matrixise