On 2/6/19 2:26 PM, Matthias Klose wrote:
On 06.02.19 13:23, Petr Viktorin wrote:
FWIW, we're preparing to rebuild all Fedora packages with the 3.8 alphas/betas,
so everything's tested when 3.8.0 is released:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Python3.8

That should cover the main Python projects, too.

well, the real challenge is that all test suites of third party packages still
pass on all architectures.  From past transitions, I know that this costs the
most time and resources.

Same experience here.

In Fedora, tests are generally run as part of the build.
(Sorry, that was definitely not obvious from my message!)

But yes, targeting 3.8 for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS as well.

\o/