On 2/7/19 5:16 PM, Stephane Wirtel wrote:
On 02/06, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 2/6/19 8:43 AM, Stephane Wirtel wrote:
On 02/05, Barry Warsaw wrote:
On Feb 5, 2019, at 02:24, Stephane Wirtel <steph...@wirtel.be> wrote:
You’re welcome!  I just pushed an update to add 3.8.0a1 to the set of Python’s (including git head).  Do you think there’s a better way to publicize these images?

I know that Julien Palard wanted a docker image with all the versions of
Python, see: https://github.com/docker-library/python/issues/373

For my part, I wanted to propose a docker image with the last version of
Python and try to use it for the detection of bugs in the main python
projects (django, numpy, flask, pandas, etc...) with a CI (example:
Gitlab-CI)

First issue: pytest uses the ast module of python and since 3.8.0a1, the
tests do not pass -> new issue for pytest

FWIW, we're preparing to rebuild all Fedora packages with the 3.8 alphas/betas, so everything's tested when 3.8.0 is released: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Python3.8
Hi Petr,

Will you execute the tests of these packages?

It's best practice to include the test suite in Fedora packages.
Sometimes it's not – e.g. if the tests need network access, or all extra testing dependencies aren't available, or most frequently, the maintainer is just lazy. If you have a specific package in mind, I can check. Currently django & numpy get tested; flask & pandas don't.

For 3.7, we did the rebuild much later in the cycle. The builds themselves caught async/await SyntaxErrors, and tests caught a lot of StopIteration leaking. At the time it felt like no one really knew what porting to 3.7.0 would look like – similar to how people didn't think "unicode" would be a big problem in py3k. That's what we're trying to avoid for 3.8.0.

I have a small discussion with Julien Palard and I wanted to create a
small CI where I will execute the tests of the updated packages from
the RSS feed of PyPI.

The first one was pytest

That sounds exciting! Something like that is on my "interesting possible projects" list, but alas, not at the top :(