On 03/20/2019 03:24 PM, Ethan Furman wrote:
On 03/19/2019 11:55 AM, Raymond Hettinger wrote:

There's another way I would like to propose.  The __slots__
 definition already works with any iterable including a
 dictionary (the dict values are ignored), so we could use the
 values for the  docstrings.

[...]

What do you all think about the proposal?

This proposal only works with objects defining __slots__, and only
 the objects in __slots__?  Does it help Enum, dataclasses, or other
 enhanced classes/objects?

Hmm.  Said somewhat less snarkily, is there a more general solution to the
problem of absent docstrings or do we have to attack this problem
piece-by-piece?

--
~Ethan~