Hi Karl,

Email should not have a latency of "several hours" unless there is
something seriously wrong, perhaps your mail server (your ISP?) is
broken. Or possibly you're still being moderated: we recently changed to
moderating newcomers, in response to a flurry of spam.

As a newcomer to this community, it isn't very nice of you to start the
conversation by telling us that we're doing it wrong, or trying to guilt
us into changing the ways we manage technical discussions to suit your
taste over those of existing developers ("If the Steering Council is
genuine in their call for greater inclusiveness...").

Many of us *like* email, and consider it modern enough, more usable than
web interfaces, with most of the features we want and none of the ones
we don't. Without getting into a flame-war, people have very strong
opinions about technology, and many people consider web forums to be
terrible for technical discussions. I'm not asking you to agree, but I
am asking you to respect the fact that the question of what technology
is used for technical discussions is nuanced and complicated.

In 2019, email shouldn't have a latency of more than a few minutes
unless there's a problem, and since code is text, it is perfectly
possible to represent code snippets in email. And while we can't move
posts from one mailing list to another, you can certainly press the
Forward button in your mail client to re-send it. Or copy and paste the
text into a new email.

But for those who prefer a web-based interface, with lots of
~~unnecessary cruft~~ features like user-icons and badges and smileys,
you can try the Discuss interface here:

https://discuss.python.org/c/ideas

or the Python-Ideas web interface here:

https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-id...@python.org