> I want a real-world application which requires it.
> Without a strong use case, I think the discussion is just wasting time.

I would have to agree. Initially I was in support of changing the behavior, but
upon reading the responses of several core developers and further
consideration, the most appropriate course of action seems to be updating the
docs. I have not seen any relevant applications where it would be useful to
compare the values view between dictionaries, but I agree that the behavior of
returning `False` might be confusing without any mention of it.

I [opened a PR](https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/14954) which mentions
this behavior in the relevant documentation, but further explanation of why
this occurs might be appropriate. I'm not certain as to whether or not further
explanation is needed in this situation though.