Terry Reedy wrote:
> Given the absence of a consensus on when values() views should be
> considered equal, I strongly agree.  I strongly oppose raising an exception.

I am with you regarding the strong opposition regarding the raising of an
exception. I don't think that the `==` operator should raise an exception,
doing so is excessively obstructive to the user.

I'm not certain that returning `False` is the best behavior, but based on what
I've gathered from the discussion so far there has been nothing suggested that
would be a viable alternative. I had initially proposed returning
`NotImplemented`, but upon further assessment, that would still end up
returning `False` when using the `==` operator. As a result, leaving it as is
and addressing the behavior in the docs seems to be the most appropriate
solution.