Guido van Rossum writes:

 > And in part because we will have specific guidelines (to be nailed
 > down more precisely in the dev guide) about how to ensure that an
 > issue is newcomer friendly. I don't have the thread handy but it's
 > something about having a clear (to newcomers, not just to core
 > devs) description, without too much jargon, and some (but not too
 > many) hints for a solution.

I don't think it's a good idea to put too much structure on this.
Specifically, some newcomers are new programmers, and some are new to
open source processes.  Even if editing the code is really easy, such
an issue is good "process" practice.

In general, it's not obvious to me how much extra burden we want to
put on triagers.  This tag has basically the same problems that "easy"
does, *except* that it deters experienced developers from snatching up
easy issues.  I think we should see how this works out in practice
before reducing the number of issues tagged and at the same time
increasing burden.

Steve