> On 17 Oct 2019, at 08:13, Inada Naoki <songofaca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you for your response.
> And I'm sorry about ignoring this. Gmail marked it as spam.
>
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 6:20 PM Ned Deily <n...@python.org> wrote:
>>
>> We currently do not use those options to build the binaries for the
>> python.org macOS installers.  The main reason is that the Pythons we provide
>> are built to support a wide-range of macOS releases and to do so safely we
>> build the binaries on the oldest version of macOS supported by that
>> installer.  So, for example, the 10.9+ installer variant is built on a 10.9
>> system.  Some of the optimization features either aren't available or are
>> less robust on older build tools.
>
> It makes sense.

Somewhat. I would be better to build with the latest compiler because that’s
generally better than older compilers, but that requires some source changes
and testing to ensure that the build still works on older versions of macOS. At
this point in time nobody seems to have available time and need to work on
this, including myself.

Ronald