On 12/27/19 7:44 PM, Tim Peters wrote:
[Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com>]
I took Larry's request a slightly different way: he has a use case where
he wants order preservation (so built in sets aren't good), but combined
with low cost duplicate identification and elimination and removal of
arbitrary elements (so lists and collections.deque aren't good). Organising
a work queue that way seems common enough ...
Is it?  I confess I haven't thought of a plausible use case.  Larry
didn't really explain his problem, just suggested that an ordered set
would be "a solution" to it.

Here is the original description of my problem, from the original email in this thread.  I considered this an adequate explanation of my problem at the time.