On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 10:43:11AM -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> I've been toying with the idea of introducing a "match" statement
> similar to Scala's match expression by making "match" a keyword only when
> followed by an expression and a colon.)

Didn't we conclude from `as` that having context-sensitive keywords was
a bad idea?

Personally, I would not like to have to explain to newcomers why `match`
is a keyword but you can still use it as a function or variable, but not
other keywords like `raise`, `in`, `def` etc.

    match expression:
        match = True

--
Steven