Whenever someone says "Python is the only language..." it really turns
out to be the case. Python is very rarely as unusual as people often
make out.

To my knowledge, there are quite a few other languages that don't have
constants, some of them are even moderately well known languages:

- Mathematica
- Scheme
- Powershell and other scripting languages like bash
- Applescript and Hyperscript
- Ruby (the compiler only issues a warning if you re-assign
  to one, it doesn't enforce the constantness).

I daresay there are many others.

I'm not arguing here for or against constantness, but only pointing out
that Python is in good company when it comes to lack of constants.

--
Steven