On Sep 14, 2020, at 01:07, Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au> wrote:
> On 13Sep2020 20:51, Guido van Rossum <gu...@python.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 8:12 PM Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au> wrote:
>>> As a concrete example, for __length_hint__ and operator.length_hint,
>>> wish that in addition to saying "New in version 3.4", it also said
>>> "specified by PEP424 [link]", since I had to go find that with a search
>>> engine to understand the rationale.
> [...]
>> A downside of linking to the PEP is that sometimes the PEP has an
>> outdated
>> version of an API. For example asyncio has evolved quite a bit since PEP
>> 3156 (some stuff in the PEP turned out not so hot), and I'm sure that's not
>> the only case. But all in all I like the idea of linking to the PEP from
>> the "versionadded" or "versionchanged" note.
> Happy to use the term "originally specified by PEP424 [link]" :-)
>
> I'll make some PRs. How to submit? Here, or a BPO or something?

My suggestion would be to open one BPO issue for "adding PEP references to
documentation" and then creating PRs as needed against it.  As you probably
know, the devguide has the details including for the inline markup role :pep:.

https://devguide.python.org/documenting/#rest-inline-markup

--
  Ned Deily
  n...@python.org -- []