On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 11:17:33AM +0100, Steve Holden wrote:
> Full marks to the SC for transparency. That's a healthy sign that the
> community acknowledges its disciplinary processes must also be open to
> scrutiny, and rather better than dealing with matters in a Star Council.

The SC didn't say anything until Antoine posted an open letter from
Stefan to the list.

There is tension between the requirements of openness and privacy, and I
don't have a good answer for where the balance should be. But it seems
to me that giving "full marks for transparency" for a decision made
behind closed doors that we only found about about because one of the
parties was able to announce their ban via a third party is a remarkably
soft grade.

Steve