> the problem is only a specific behavior ("gatekeeper").

I'm (obviously) not on the SC, but I have to strongly disagree with you here -- there is nothing inherently wrong with being a gatekeeper, nor is there anything in the CoC about it. A gatekeeper can help ensure high-quality code, can provide a direction for a module, can keep a module from bloating, etc.

The issue that I saw with Stefan was his treatment of others: some of his actions on b.p.o. were cruel and hateful, and some of his messages were demeaning and spiteful. If his behavior in person is anything close to his online persona he would definitely be a missing stair for me.

> Victor (speaking for himself, not in the name of the Steering Council)

Thank you for clarifying.

Also, my thanks to the Steering Council - personnel problems are never fun nor easy to deal with, and I appreciate you and them for making it a priority.

--
~Ethan~