On 14.10.2020 16:14, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> Le 14/10/2020 à 15:16, Pablo Galindo Salgado a écrit :
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have updated the branch benchmarks in the pyperformance server and now
>> they include 3.9. There are
>> some benchmarks that are faster but on the other hand some benchmarks
>> are substantially slower, pointing
>> at a possible performance regression in 3.9 in some aspects. In
>> particular some tests like "unpack sequence" are
>> almost 20% slower. As there are some other tests were 3.9 is faster, is
>> not fair to conclude that 3.9 is slower, but
>> this is something we should look into in my opinion.
>>
>> You can check these benchmarks I am talking about by:
>>
>> * Go here: https://speed.python.org/comparison/
>> * In the left bar, select "lto-pgo latest in branch '3.9'" and "lto-pgo
>> latest in branch '3.8'"
>> * To better read the plot, I would recommend to select a "Normalization"
>> to the 3.8 branch (this is in the top part of the page)
>>    and to check the "horizontal" checkbox.
> Those numbers tell me that it's a wash.  I wouldn't worry about a small
> regression on a micro- or mini-benchmark while the overall picture is
> stable.

Well, there's a trend here:

Those two benchmarks were somewhat faster in Py3.7 and got slower in 3.8 and
then again in 3.9, so this is more than just an artifact.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Oct 14 2020)

               https://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                     https://www.malemburg.com/