On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 at 20:13, Raymond Hettinger
<raymond.hettin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I vote against removal.
>
> We have no compelling need to disrupt an entire community and ecosystem even
> though it it is small.
[...]
> Given this kind of user response, I think it would irresponsible to drop
> support.

I vote for leaving things as they are. There are clearly users who
value the current level of support. No core developer *has* to fix
Solaris issues if they feel their time is better spent elsewhere, so I
don't see the point of spending effort ripping out code that (some)
people find useful. And in Raymond's follow up he mentions someone
who's offering resources to help. Let's take them up on that.

Paul