05.11.20 11:12, Inada Naoki пише:
> Since "How To" guide is not organized well, it is very tempting to
> write all details in tutorial.
> I have seen may pull requests which "improve" tutorial by describe
> more details and make
> the tutorial more perfect.
>
> But adding more and more information into tutorial makes it slower to
> learn Python by reading tutorial.
> 10+ years ago, Python is far less popular in Japan and reading
> tutorial is the best way to learn Python to me.
>
> But now Python is popular and there are many free/paid good books and
> tutorials on the Web.
> Some of them would be more new user friendly than official tutorial.
> Then, should official Python tutorial become detailed guide to Python?
> Or should we keep new user learning Python as targeted reader?

I think the tutorial should be targeted to new Python users, which
already know one or more programming languages. It should not be an
introduction into programming, nor a detailed guide. I myself learned
Python by just reading tutorial. Contained enough information to start
coding and to understand some fundamental differences of Python from
other programming languages, but not too heavy. Additional details I
learned from the library reference. For advanced topics there are "How
to" and the language reference.

At that time (Python 2.2) it was the best tutorial that I read. Other
language tutorials was either too large and formal, or spent several
chapters explaining what is bits and loops.