The correct place for the docs for __cause__ and __context__ is in the
section in the library reference about exceptions. There's quite a bit
about them there already. That's where the tutorial should link as well.

And now I ask you to stop complaining (your "the PEPs are the worst" does
not help your cause).

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 12:30 PM Riccardo Polignieri via Python-Dev <
python-dev@python.org> wrote:

> > There is value in having non-trivial coverage of the language.  When
> people ask how
> > __cause__ works, we can link to the tutorial.
>
> I don't necessarily agree with the rest, but I think this is very
> important - at least, in the
> current situation. Maybe in the future we will be able to rearrange and
> move some parts
> of the tutorial into the "how to" section, and/or to write more
> introductions to the various
> sections of the documentation... but for now, the tutorial is all we have.
>
> > Otherwise, we have to throw them to the
> > wolves by linking to the unfriendly, highly technical reference guide or
> to a PEP.
>
> Indeed. The PEPs are the worst, more often than not. I remember when I
> first learned Pyhton,
> every time the documentation linked to a PEP, I felt a shiver down my
> spine.
>
> r.
> Message archived at
> https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-dev@python.org/message/LHGZNTRKU2Z2OD3W7DPFEDS274OBFE7F/

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)
*Pronouns: he/him **(why is my pronoun here?)*
<http://feministing.com/2015/02/03/how-using-they-as-a-singular-pronoun-can-change-the-world/>