On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 2:48 AM Charalampos Stratakis
<cstra...@redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

Okay, I wasn't aware of that. Although that is still notable in that
it spends a LOT of time talking about the technical consequences of
the change.

If there were no negative consequences (maybe if this were a
greenfield project, or if it happened at the same time as a much
larger change like hg->git), it wouldn't make a lot of difference, and
go ahead, let the political argument sway the decision. But I detest
political changes being forced on everyone when they bring
immeasurable benefit in nontechnical areas, while having baggage of
actual real problems with actual real compatibility issues.

ChrisA