On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 4:20 PM Brett Cannon <br...@python.org> wrote:

>  Making this an "us versus them" discussion just makes the whole situation
> feel confrontational when instead everyone is trying to figure out the best
> thing for everybody when there's no perfect answer.

I agree that that was strong language, but from the perspective of folks
not interested in Static Typing, there has been a lot of activity, or at
least discussion,  that makes it seem like this optional feature is driving
the evolution of the language.

So folks are going to get concerned, and maybe upset, if it looks like
changes might be made that may break other features in order to make static
typing work better.

And as I noted in my last post — many folks have not been paying attention
to the typing discussions because they didn’t realize it concerned them.

-CHB

--
Christopher Barker, PhD (Chris)

Python Language Consulting