On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 16:48 Christopher Barker <python...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> And as I noted in my last post — many folks have not been paying attention
> to the typing discussions because they didn’t realize it concerned them.

It seems a little disingenuous to claim discussions about annotations don’t
concern you when you’re actively using them (for typing, no less, in the
case of pydantic). And I am sure a project as popular (by their own
description) as pydantic will find a way forward if PEP 649 is rejected,
despite overdramatized claims.

That said, I agree it is better that this came up before the feature freeze
than after the release. And I am willing to accept that the hypothetical
future where annotations are not always syntactically expressions (which
did not even exist before this week) is less important than backwards
compatibility.

--
--Guido (mobile)