On 4/16/21 10:27 AM, redrad...@gmail.com wrote:
Chris Angelico wrote:
On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 3:20 AM redrad...@gmail.com wrote:
The benefits:

You will link with high quality libstdc++ with lots of reusable containers without
writing your own "buggy" one.
C++ is much much more maintainable than pure C. It drastically increase number
of contributors that what like writing high quality and maintainable code
without reinventing the wheel.

Citations please?

What exactly do you what ?

A list of current Python containers that are already in C++, that work exactly as our C ones do (otherwise, we will have had to add code to make them work as we want, and surely that will introduce bugs).

Examples of how C++ is more maintainable.

A poll of users that love C++ enough to contribute to CPython because we also use C++, combined with a poll of users currently contributing C code that would stop because they don't know/like C++.

We should also have evidence that C++ is available on all supported platforms
that we support CPython on.

--
~Ethan~