edwin@211mainstreet.net wrote:
> Anyone who has done a language change on a project knows that it is a huge
> disruption.  You need solid justification to make such a change.  All I have
> seen in this thread is personal opinion.  Since this is a personal opinion
> exchange, I am of the humble opinion that the personal opinions of core devs
> matter the most, since a language change would affect them more than anyone
> else.
> April 16, 2021 1:47 PM, redrad...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Guys, the issue is that I most of the time see that somebody used C++ for
> > one or two times, did not
> > understand it and left with bad taste ...
> > Please, answer me question, if you will go in gym two times, will you get
> > stop training and say
> > that it does not fit in your life ?
> > Message archived at
> > https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-dev@python.org/message/LWJ4WGWK...
> > Code of Conduct: http://python.org/psf/codeofconduct

Okay lets try to discuss one by one:
1) Readability - less code, most code is hidden by abstraction without losing
performance
In CPython code lots of stuff like Py_INCREF, Py_DECREF .. it could be fixed
with C++ std::shared_ptr<> (RustPython use analog Arc<>)

2) Maintainability - no code duplication in favor of using reusable classes
In CPython I saw custom lists and stacks and so on ... with C++ it could be
switched to std::list<>, std::stack<> and so on
In CPython lots of custom implemented algorithms that could be changed by using
C++ <algorithms> that support lots of types !!

3) RAII - Resource Acquisition Is Initialization, predictable allocation and
free resources
Also reusable peaces of code will help of maintaining life-time of objects with
RAII, not only at the end of function, but in general, because life-time
resource will be bound to object life-time