Eric V. Smith writes:

 > >> But this does not:
 > >>
 > >> f'{1 +
 > >> 2}'
 > >
 > > The later is an error with or without the 'f' prefix and I think that
 > > this should continue to be the case.
 > >
 > The thought is that anything that's within braces {} and is a valid
 > expression should be allowed.

-0  FWIW, some thoughts specific to me, I don't know how
representative they might be of others.

I guess you could argue that the braces are a kind of expression-level
parenthesis, but I don't "see" them that way.  I see *one* string with
eval'able format expressions embedded in it, so that single-quoted
strings can't have embedded newlines.  I also don't see the braces as
expression-level syntax (after all, they already have two different
meanings at expression level), I see them as part of f-string syntax.
So even with triple-quoted strings, my eyes "want" to see parentheses
or line continuation (which already work).

I'm sure I could get used to the syntax.  But ...

Is this syntax useful?  Or is it just a variant of purity trying to
escape Pandora's virtualbox?  I mean, am I going to see it often
enough to get used to it?  Or am I going to WTF at it for the rest of
my life?