Guido van Rossum writes:

 > I don't know about the line breaks, but in recent weeks I've found myself
 > more than once having to remind myself that inside interpolations, you must
 > use the other type of quote.

My earlier remarks were specifically directed to line breaks.

I see the point, but I think the question should be readability, as
David points out.  I don't think there's a problem with the opening
quote in your example.  Even in an ordinary string literal it's
obvious to me that the embedded quotation marks are not intended to
terminate the string:

    s = "Here is a singleton " and here is an initial for "something."

But how about that last quotation mark?  I tried to construct a
similarly visually ambiguous f-string where braces "hide" the embedded
quotation marks, and couldn't do it without a trailing quote followed
immediately by an embedded literal line break.

So I'm cautiously sympathetic to this extension, as long as embedded
line breaks are not permitted in singly-quoted f-strings.

However, I myself will almost certainly automatically "correct" such
quotation marks if they are allowed.  So this is unlikely to be a plus
or a minus for me.

Steve