On 2021-10-03 18:50, Brandt Bucher wrote:
Łukasz Langa wrote:
My idea is this:
try:
except group E as e:
except group E1, T2 as e:
Should be doable given the magical match-case contextual keywords precedent.
This looks nice and is explicit, since you will always get an ExceptionGroup
instance under `e`.

Heh, we crossed posts with the soft keywords. I like your idea (“except group”)
better than mine (“except each”).
If we want to use an existing keyword instead of a soft keyword, how
about "except in E as e:".

The disadvantage, as I see it, from a linguistic point of view, is that "except in" could be read as "excluding", but, then, so could "except each" ("excluding each of these") and "except group" ("excluding this group").