Thanks for the feedback. I have a few thoughts.

(1) Concerns about complexity of the syntax make sense to me, it's definitely
possible to write confusing types with this syntax. Readability would be a good
reason to reject this idea, but it does cut both ways because `Callable` can be
hard to read today.

Typing-sig as a whole is confident that an arrow syntax would be an improvement
but I think the submission process is a good time for wider opinions, I can see
that it might not be a good idea overall even if it's a better type syntax.

(2) I do like the idea of allowing parameters in a tuple in the existing
Callable type, that seems like a very clear easy win if we *don't* accept
callable syntax. I agree that tuple-for-parameters combined with making
`builtins.callable` subscriptable would address a chunk of the concerns.

I can look into getting more stats on async callables, I don't think they are
terribly common in most projects, but in certain contexts like async webservers
they can come up quite a lot.