> Gaming the system doesn't end up working well in the end anyway. The first
> time the gamers try to get a job interview and can't explain how they'd do a
> code review—something GitHub says they've done hundreds or thousands of
> times—the whole thing will fail.

Observably, it feels like they are doing this for core privileges (if they
don't already exist, they are a member of the python org?). Every time I see
one of those PRs (e.g add test for X, add delete redundant variables for Y),
the author seem to be cc-ing their mentor. This gives a bad impression to
others about their intentions (constant contribution of trivial / low quality
stuff with little-to-no-gain to achieve a higher number of commits, since it is
a visible metric).