On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 3:14 PM Petr Viktorin <encu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds reasonable, but...
>
> The implication of endorsing code like this is that *we cannot change
> private API even in patch releases*, which I don't think is documented
> anywhere, and might be a bit controversial.
> (I'm still planning to document this along with other similar issues, so
> if anyone wants to help here, please coordinate with me:
> https://discuss.python.org/t/documenting-python-versioning-and-stability-expectations/11090/4).

Maybe... we should not do that :-D

The PyGC_Head ABI change was the most controversial, but it was
already part of the private API and the following bug was closed as
"not a bug":
https://bugs.python.org/issue39599

This structure now belings to the *internal* C API.

> Since you're now inviting the wider community as co-maintainers, could
> you document this?

Well, anyone is welcomed to contribute!

Victor