On 2022-02-11 06:14, Petr Viktorin wrote:

Sounds reasonable, but...

The implication of endorsing code like this is that *we cannot change private API even in patch releases*, which I don't think is documented anywhere, and might be a bit controversial.

I think we are still allowed to change them.  We should be aware of the impact though.  If an API is supposed to be private but is actually used by a large number of 3rd party extensions, we need to consider carefully when changing it.  I don't have much sympathy for work caused for people using clearly marked private APIs.  OTOH, practicality beats purity and we want them to be able to somehow use new versions of Python.