On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 6:21 PM Victor Stinner <vstin...@python.org> wrote:
> But I don't know how to get this info from the Microsoft
> documentation. I usually dig into Wikipedia articles to check which
> Windows version is still supported or not, but I'm confused between
> "mainstream support" and "extended support".

As PEP 11 states, it is the extended support time-frame that is of interest.

> For example, which Python version still support Windows 7? Wikipedia
> says that Windows 7 mainstream support ended in 2015, and extended
> support ended in 2020. But Python still has a Windows 7 SP1 buildbot
> for Python 3.8: https://buildbot.python.org/all/#/builders/60

Python 3.8.0 was release when Windows 7 SP1 was within the extended
support time-frame.  Therefore, Win7 is supported (and tested) until
3.8 reaches EOL.

> What is the minimum Windows supported by Python 3.10?

>From the link listed in PEP 11, Windows 8.1 does not leave extended
support until Jan 10, 2023.  So it seems that 3.10 and 3.11 will need
to support Windows 8.1.

--
Jeremy Kloth