I get pretty much the same thing as the OP on Chrome 99.0.4844.58; Android
11; Pixel 2 XL; Build RP1A.201005.004.A1.

However, it gets more readable if I force Desktop site and zoom a bit.
These facts are pretty common for a lot of websites, and I never gave it
much thought.  But yes, the mobile version could be better responsive.