On 05:37 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Perhaps "pyinstall"?

Keep in mind that Python packages will still generally be *system*-installed
with other tools, like dpkg (or apt) and rpm, on systems which have them.  The
name of the packaging system we're talking about is called either "eggs" or
"setuptools" depending on the context.  "pyinstall" invites confusion with "the
Python installer", which is a different program, used to install Python itself
on Windows.

It's just a brand.  If users can understand that "Excel" means "Spreadsheet",
"Outlook" means "E-Mail", and "GIMP" means "Image Editor", then I think we
should give them some credit on being able to figure out what the installer
program is called.

(I don't really care that much in this particular case, but this was one of my
pet peeves with GNOME a while back.  There was a brief change to the names of
everything in the menus to remove all brand-names: "Firefox" became "Web
Browser", "Evolution" became "E-Mail", "Rhythmbox" became "Music Player".  I
remember looking at my applications menu and wondering which of the 3 "music
players" that I had installed the menu would run.  Thankfully this nonsense
stopped and they compromised on names like "Firefox Web Browser" and "GIMP
Image Editor".)