2007/10/24, Alex Martelli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> using C++ and Java (and often C), but as far as I know there is no
> Stanford course (at least not within Symbolic Systems) that focuses
> specifically and exclusively on Python (there IS one course,

In my constant try-to-push-Python-everywhere-I-go, I offered several
times Python courses to educational institutions (sometimes even
free).

I succeeded some times, but then these courses not thrived year after
year. Normally, this is because the people that is actually taking the
decision of which language to teach in the courses do not know Python,
so is easier to them to keep teaching C.  And this happens even if
it's not the better to the students, and even witht the students
asking for the change.

But this is a problem of educative system here in Argentina, not of
Python itself (it surely get affected, though).

Regards,

--
.    Facundo

PyAr: http://www.python.org/ar/