Mark Dickinson wrote:
On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:00 PM, Georg Brandl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Let me remind you that %a currently means "call ascii()" in 3.0.

Oh well.  That's out then.  I'll rephrase to "I'd be delighted with something
similar in spirit to '%a' support."  :-)

It could be added to str.format(). Well, actually float.__format__(). Not that I'm advocating it, but it's a place it would fit, and since it's restricted to the float format specifier, it would at least be well contained. And other types are free to implement it, or not.