On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 3:30 AM, Alex Martelli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Michele Simionato
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> It is just a matter of how rare the use cases really are. Cooperative
>> methods has been introduced 6+ years ago. In all this time surely
>> they must have been used. How many compelling uses of cooperation
>> we can find in real life code? For instance in the standard library or
>> in some well known framework? This is a serious question I have been
>> wanting to ask for years. I am sure people here can find some example,
>> so just give me a pointer and we will see.
>
> http://www.koders.com/default.aspx?s=super&btn=&la=Python&li=* finds
> over 5,000 hits, but it would take substantial work to sift through
> them (in particular because not all refer to the built-in super, as
> you'll see even in the first page!)

Yep. Notice (I am sure you understood the point correctly, but just to clarify)
that I am not interested in random occurrences of super, but in
code/frameworks expressly designed to leverage on cooperation
and doing it in a compelling way. IOW, I want to see cases where using
cooperation
is really better than relying on other techniques. Guido gives an example in
http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.2.3/descrintro/#cooperation
with a .save method, so in theory there are good use cases, but I
wonder in practice how common they are and if they are
frequent enough to justify the added complication.

   M.S.