On Sat, 6 Dec 2008 12:47:45 pm Guido van Rossum wrote:
> But I disagree that "most of the cool possibilities they have heard
> about" are necessarily third party libraries. Python's standard
> library has lots of stuff to offer.

+1 on that. I've been using Python for a decade now, and the first third
party library I've downloaded and used was Pyparsing a month or two
ago. I'll be the first to admit that my programs tend to be on the
small size, but they're useful to me. The lack of third party libraries
to Python 3 is not necessarily a show-stopper.

--
Steven