Was there ever a conclusion to this? I need to merge the patches
associated with issue 4597 from trunk to all the maintenance branches,
and I'd like to avoid messing anyone up if possible. If I don't hear
back, I'll plan to svnmerge directly from trunk to each of the
branches, and then block my merge to py3k from being merged again to
release30-maint.

Thanks,
Jeffrey