At 03:52 PM 2/24/2009 +0100, Victor Stinner wrote:
Le Tuesday 24 February 2009 15:46:04 Andrew Dalke, vous avez écrit :
> A goal is to use this in App Engine, yes? Which uses cgitb to report
> errors? Which needs these restricted frame attributes to report the
> values of variables when the error occurred?

We should be able to restore the original environment. Example:

   jail(evil_func)  # called in the jail
   # unsafe environment with __subclasses__, f_code, etc.

Of course, you'll have to ensure that anything you do with data from the jail is also jailed... that callbacks run in the jail, etc. (This is one advantage of the RestrictedPython approach -- the jailing of the restricted code isn't dependent on some global state; it's wired right into the restricted code.)