Ned Deily wrote:
I'll crank up some OS X installer builds and run them on G3 and G4 Macs vs 32-/64- Intel. Any tests of interest beyond the default regttest.py?

FIrst attempt was a fat (32-bit i386 and ppc) build on 10.5 targeted for 10.3 and above; this is the similar to recent python.org OSX installers. The good news: on 10.5 i386, running the default regrtest, no signficant differences were noted from an installer built from the current main py3k head.

Okay, that's awesome. Thanks.

Bad news: the same build installed on a G4 running 10.5 hung hard in test_pow of test_builtin; a kill was needed to terminate python. Same results on a G3 running 10.4.

Okay, that's less than awesome. But still a huge thanks.

Then I tried a couple of random floats:

Python 3.1a2+ (py3k-short-float-repr, Apr 13 2009, 20:55:35) [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5490)] on darwin
3.1
-9.255965342383856e+61
1.
^C
Terminated  <-- kill needed

I don't suppose it's possible that you could run this under gdb and get a stack trace when it starts looping (assuming that's what's happening)?

I think I might have a PPC Mac Mini I can get my hands on, and I'll test there if possible.

Eric.