Antoine Pitrou:
> After a fair amount of discussion on Rietveld, I think you should post another
> patch without the deprecations.
> (since the discussion was fairly long, I won't repeat here the reasons I gave
> unless someone asks me to )
> Besides, it would be nice to have the additional tests you were talking about.

I'd guess that if I make another patch, no one else will actually look at the
discussion on the first one  (though maybe no one will look at it either
way)... I'd rather get another couple of opinions about it before burying
that conversation.

> This sounds very pie-in-the-sky compared to the original intent of the patch
> (that is, fix the mimetypes module's implementation oddities).

Okay. At least for me, the goals are twofold, because not only is the
implementation odd, but I consider  the semantics broken as well. But even
just fixing the obvious implementation problems would be a big  improvement.

Cheers,
Jacob Rus