On 14/12/2009 19:04, Ian Bicking wrote:
[snip...]
Another thing I just noticed is that argparse using -v for version
where optparse does not (it only adds --version); most of my scripts
that use -v to mean --verbose, causing problems.  Since this is a poll
question on the argparse site I assume this is an outstanding question
for argparse, but just generally I think that doing things the same
way as optparse should be preferred when at all reasonable.

I also use -v for verbose in a few scripts (including options to unittest when run with python -m). I've seen -V as a common abbreviation for --version (I've just used this with Mono for example).

All the best,

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/